League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2028 Good Game Thread

By raidergreg69
2/25/2020 6:33 pm
I'm not a fan of the NFL structure, but we kind of do need to give a F, because what they do determines what JDB will do.

By Smirt211
2/25/2020 6:39 pm
He should be adjustable.

You don't need to replicate everything the league does. Injuries have already been a concern. Now you're going to have a 17 game gauntlet and no ability to have a bye week pass to the Divisional Round.

It's stupid.

By raidergreg69
2/25/2020 6:41 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
He should be adjustable.

You don't need to replicate everything the league does. Injuries have already been a concern. Now you're going to have a 17 game gauntlet and no ability to have a bye week pass to the Divisional Round.

It's stupid.

I agree with you. Maybe start a thread in the general forums and if enough people feel like we do, maybe JDB leaves well enough alone.

By Smirt211
2/25/2020 6:54 pm
Unfortunately, General Forum posts are useless. Ray and I are cool but first two replies will be him (touting NFL realism) and the Sacrificial Lamb(a) whom is just, well, he's annoying. (mostly contrarian and won't articulate anything helpful for us)

By raidergreg69
2/25/2020 6:56 pm
Well if this is thrust upon us, hopefully we'll get some extra roster spots out of it.

By Smirt211
2/25/2020 7:02 pm
You can work around the 17 games and tactfully rest at the end of regular season. The lone element you can't work around (although maybe we could take a risk and sit a quasi-injured player in the Wild Card round against an inferior GM/opponent - saving him for later) but don't underestimate the vast difference in the continual Road of 4 Games vs. 3 for Titles.

You get 3 for the win plus consider the 2 week gap of rest between Conference Final and Final.

Screwing around with injuries and making it from Divisional to winning a Conference Final vs. starting from Wild Card is a gigantic difference.

Last edited at 2/25/2020 7:06 pm

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
2/25/2020 7:36 pm
Nobody knows everything about the new CBA. It might include an extra bye week....where we have none....roster size may increase and practice squad may increase....where we have none.

If this is suppose to be a true NFL sim then you cant pick and chose what to use and what to ignore.

A larger roster would elevate a bunch of the problems in this game so you can actually rest starters when you want and have a practice squad to call upon if needed.

But that's too much trouble apparently so we are left with a facsimile of the NFL.

By Smirt211
2/26/2020 7:53 am
This game is so counter motivational against creativity and rewarding determination/ingenuity. You unearth a gem and you can be guaranteed the sim engine will laser focus on it and take it away for coloring outside the lines/offending it.

Normally, I'd go oh noes and sit the guy out in fear. However, f it - Ima run this until the wheels come off and if he blows up then I'll flip out of the concept.

By Mitch4742
2/26/2020 9:10 am
GG Cyclones

By trslick
2/26/2020 12:56 pm
GG Hamburg