League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2028 Good Game Thread

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
4/08/2020 2:09 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Punt Blocking will remain: De-activated.

I held this one off for last because the ones where there's a chance you get drilled into the ground aren't really fun, more so protecting the turf/position.

CJ, I don't know what that sim was. Not what I was expecting.

Greg....I'll deal with this later. Too tired right now.

Good luck, man. :)

Congratulations bro! You beat me up fair and square. My team had a 10 season run of good luck so I'm not complaining about getting blown out.

You are the 1st team from our Conference to reach the Tital game besides myself so good luck to you and Greg both. I can sit back and enjoy it because I win either way it goes.

By Smirt211
4/08/2020 3:27 pm
Thank you. 8 out of 11 Titles, wow...!

You did it the right way, too. You didn't hold the title for 2.5 years of real life's time. You didn't win 11 in a row and if you scan through a lot of the title games were narrow victories or close games.

I'm in Cust-75 and Arcata Tigers has that sim, spit polish shine to it. We've touched on this before but there's definitely a boost to intangibles to a team like Lellow's MFN 24 or Bryson's 74 or the aforementioned CUST-75. It still has that Bryson sheen to it.

Slippery Slope took it over 5-6 seasons back and basically it's still title-title-title-title.

You built this league up from the ashes. The league was done. You didn't go te he he after winning each season and be like 'see you next season' x12.

Mmm, that still gets me. People trip at me with my 20% title game record or whatever low # it is but no one cared when a Title was BLOW OUT CITY for 12 seasons because B-Money ran and hid into a web of intangibles - exploding into a mushroom of 50+ title game wins over and over.... LOL

Last edited at 4/08/2020 3:29 pm

By raidergreg69
4/08/2020 3:30 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Thank you. 8 out of 11 Titles, wow...!

You did it the right way, too. You didn't hold the title for 2.5 years of real life's time. You didn't win 11 in a row and if you scan through a lot of the title games were narrow victories or close games.

I'm in Cust-75 and Arcata Tigers has that sim, spit polish shine to it. We've touched on this before but there's definitely a boost to intangibles to a team like Lellow's MFN 24 or Bryson's 74 or the aforementioned CUST-75. It still has that Bryson sheen to it.

Slippery Slope took it over 5-6 seasons back and basically it's still title-title-title-title.

You built this league up from the ashes. The league was done. You didn't go te he he after winning each season and be like 'see you next season' x12.

Mmm, that still gets me. People trip at me with my 20% title game record or whatever low # it is but no one cared when a Title was BLOW OUT CITY for 12 seasons because B-Money ran and hid into a web of intangibles - exploding into a mushroom of 50+ title game wins over and over.... LOL

Arcata Tigers...ugh. That's one reason I left the South Park Cows, plus the owner interaction was minimal.

By Smirt211
4/08/2020 3:31 pm
Yeah, man. I got them early in this season. Just picked it up...the team but I lathered myself up into a fury. I still got mashed. :(

****, it has been my only loss.
Last edited at 4/08/2020 3:32 pm

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
4/08/2020 4:16 pm
I'm not saying you don't need skill to win a title....you do....but Luck is also a major factor when you get to the Title game.

Let's face it....in most leagues winning 12 to 16 games during the regular season is pretty easy if you have your stuff together because you face newer players or the A.I. enough times to win the majority of games. By the time you reach the Conference Championship game....the level of competition is greatly increased. By that point, the separation between owners is marginal so luck becomes a larger factor.....turnovers, missed fieldgoals and missing potential big plays along with a teams injuries are all factors of bad luck.

I'm still under the belief that players or coaches carry a hidden "luck" or "clutch" attribute that leads to these "dynasty type" teams. I believe this because I know I'm not that lucky in real life. Maybe winning a Title even increases these hidden attributes.

It's all just an opinion and I have no evidence to prove it other then my own observations

By Smirt211
4/08/2020 4:28 pm
Oh, no you're f***ing good. That I'd never dispute. But, yeah, you're onto something in terms of the dynasty boost. Attendance, home crowd - skyrocketing with success, maybe. You have the skills alone to pull off the run you had but but but I think it was harder to take you down with the intangible thrown in.

Kicking one truth on turnovers with someone whom is just as good as us. He always wonders where they come from but the sim is deciding as you play the game if you're gonna survive or not. Against this guy you're either getting BLASTED or surviving. He will have turnovers with a hand pressed on a 'play mash' or he'll push through and drown you in TDs.

There's so many layers to this game...! :)

Last edited at 4/08/2020 4:31 pm

By raidergreg69
4/10/2020 9:13 am
Good game Smirt, got the result I expected. Congrats on finally getting a title here.

By Smirt211
4/10/2020 9:16 am
Thank you, Greg.

CJ's my Shadowboxer and you've got the most difficult scheme/structure I face. Both are my most difficult opponents in tandem.

By trslick
4/10/2020 12:17 pm
Congrats to Niagara Falls!

By Smirt211
4/10/2020 12:17 pm
Thank you, Slick.