League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2027 season

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
2/03/2020 2:52 pm
I dont know....I'm sure there is all kinds of stuff you can dig into. I really dont dig that deep. My gameplan is very simple based on yards per attempt and doesnt factor in the other teams defense.

I don't get into the punt blocking stuff because I dont use overrides ever. I play exclusively on my phone and the interface is too wonky to use. If someone uses it against me then hats off to em....they are better then me.

I've had my share of success so winning at all costs isnt a concern to me. I'm here for the longterm so eventually it will change and the punt blockers will fade away while the next thing is discovered.

I'm on the downside of the ups and downs so I dont expect to win many titles in the immediate future. Hopefully JDB does a hot patch to close this quirk of the game....until then the punt blockers can own the game.
Last edited at 2/03/2020 2:53 pm

By Smirt211
2/03/2020 2:57 pm
He has started to trap it off by having the default over-rides on the punt screen be offensive linemen to protect the user.

I'll detail a little but the p*ssy ball which has developed around tossing 1 zone defensive play each against sets like 2-1-2 and 1-1-3 when they're not meant to be streamed that way has to go. You'll see an opponent scouting for their past 1 game sample feature a play ran 36 times and I'm like aight, cool....I sneer and fire up. shrugs

2/03/2020 3:22 pm
Heres the problem.....its all allowable under the current framework of the code.....just like people complaining someone is running just the same 12 offensive plays.

Sure as league admin....I could outlaw punt blocks or institute a minimum calls called on offense or defense but I dont have the time to go through every team and regulate it. Then if someone does it.....let's say in the playoffs....do I rollback the sim making everyone replay there games???? Boot the owner which means the A.I. advances in the playoffs?

Nope.....I'm not going to micro manage every owner and until JDB tightens his code up and closes these holes that owners find.....we all just have to deal with it or simply quit.

I'm gonna ride it out and do me and everyone else will have to decide for themselves. It is what it is

By Smirt211
2/03/2020 4:58 pm
No, it's self-policing and teaching lessons.

Remember that PSA commercial with the tag-line "I've learned it by watching you!" Unfortunately, someone whom is exalted and has eyes on him rattled off a defensive play or two which can kaboom every offensive play in sight so now they've popped up all over like Gremlins in a 'streaming' service style. lol

When I see a streaming - I teach a lesson.

If one just laid back and let the sim have its way one couldn't move the ball and no one GM would stand out.

Last edited at 2/03/2020 4:59 pm

2/03/2020 5:13 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
No, it's self-policing and teaching lessons.

Remember that PSA commercial with the tag-line "I've learned it by watching you!" Unfortunately, someone whom is exalted and has eyes on him rattled off a defensive play or two which can kaboom every offensive play in sight so now they've popped up all over like Gremlins in a 'streaming' service style. lol

When I see a streaming - I teach a lesson.

If one just laid back and let the sim have its way one couldn't move the ball and no one GM would stand out.

Ok bud.

I wouldnt know where to begin to teach someone a lesson that only uses a couple defensive plays. Face it, we play this game very differently and gameplan very differently.

You do deep dives and find trends and different ways to move the ball and play defense. My method is plug and play generic that anyone can do.

My only point is no matter what someone does....punt blocking...using 10 to 12 offensive plays or 1 or 2 defensive plays....whatever the glitch is.....its allowed by the games code and until they fix it.....we all have to play in that arena.

It's out of my control and I dont have the time or energy to dig in any further. Go get em Smirt, that's why you are the best.

I'm fine winning or losing doing what I do no matter what anyone else does. It's on JDB to fix the game and its glitches
Last edited at 2/03/2020 5:14 pm

By raidergreg69
2/04/2020 4:54 am
Smirt211 wrote:
He has started to trap it off by having the default over-rides on the punt screen be offensive linemen to protect the user.

I'll detail a little but the p*ssy ball which has developed around tossing 1 zone defensive play each against sets like 2-1-2 and 1-1-3 when they're not meant to be streamed that way has to go. You'll see an opponent scouting for their past 1 game sample feature a play ran 36 times and I'm like aight, cool....I sneer and fire up. shrugs

I didn't even think to check if Vegas in XFL was streaming defensive plays until now, thanks for the heads up. Looking at the box score, he used 2 defensive plays against me the whole game, 3-4 Normal 2 Deep Man and Goal Line Attack #2.

I used the punt block against him because I knew he was gonna use it on me. He blocked 2 of my punts but only got 3 points out of them (1 missed FG, 1 made). I only blocked 1 of his punts, but my guy took it in for a TD.

Now that I know he also streamed just 2 defensive plays, I'm kinda ticked off. I'd be off the rails if we had lost.

By Smirt211
2/04/2020 4:56 pm
Actually, I wasn't referring to him but subsequently I went and looked at the box score - seeing the same thing. Those 2 defensive plays listed. ***** made. The sim engine structure shouldn't have allowed it. At some point there should be the over-use notifications left and right. However, there's the work around and that's using a non-blitz/zone play.

I've got to carefully word since the person is in the league but first time I played them I got Man Flat OLB Zone and 1 other defensive play streamed yet homie wants to cry on and on about Michael's offensive system.

But, yeah, I've seen the strategy many times when an opposing GM has their fangs out and want to win at all costs. :(

By TheAdmiral
2/05/2020 3:27 am
Congrats Quiksilver, the two early INTs left us in a 14 point hole we never really recovered from. Great experience and a huge learning curve for us as most of my players have never been to the playoffs before. Our QB is still very young and could/should be one of the best.

I felt we abandoned the run game a bit too soon, partly game situation, partly gameplanning to try and pick holes in your D (not too many). A lot of pieces in place for us means we can target specific free agent players and with 8 draft picks we should be stronger next year. We'll need to be too, this League is tough as nails.

By raidergreg69
2/05/2020 10:04 am
Congrats CJ

By Lucky
2/05/2020 12:13 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Actually, I wasn't referring to him but subsequently I went and looked at the box score - seeing the same thing. Those 2 defensive plays listed. ***** made. The sim engine structure shouldn't have allowed it. At some point there should be the over-use notifications left and right. However, there's the work around and that's using a non-blitz/zone play.

I've got to carefully word since the person is in the league but first time I played them I got Man Flat OLB Zone and 1 other defensive play streamed yet homie wants to cry on and on about Michael's offensive system.

But, yeah, I've seen the strategy many times when an opposing GM has their fangs out and want to win at all costs. :(

Poorly worded by the way. Be a big boy this time and don't bring that stuff regarding me in this league. His system was 4 plays and now he's in the forums crying about turnovers, some guru. The above listed defensive play is used heavily against the 2/1/2 to stop those slants to the X and blitzing is highly unreliable. The only way to beat players overusing plays is to overuse the defensive equivalent. If I have any blitzes against the 2/1/2.. they will get overused (penalties) when my opponent runs the same plays 10 times each out of that package.. I laid out all of this out cleanly in that league. The only way you saw that play was by overusing the 2/1/2 formation.

You won't find a single league I play in where I've blocked a punt or used an offensive play more than 5 times on average.

PS. It's called defense... it reacts to the offense.
Last edited at 2/05/2020 12:28 pm