League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2027 season

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
1/15/2020 5:11 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
In fact, I want the Barry Dougherty injury reversed and an apology. We get told about crashing into lines and the impact results in injuries etc.....he dropped back into coverage in one of the very few coverage plays for DTs and took the injury so just stop.....please.

My only question would be why at 72-0 is my starter still on the field with 33 seconds remaining in the game. You might want to look at your settings for pulling starters based on score and time remaining. To be clear, I dont use overrides so I dont know how that impacts this setting at all. I took a quick look at your roster and I see you have depth out to DT5 so he shouldnt have been in the game

Just a thought my friend

By Smirt211
1/15/2020 5:15 pm
I know people want to see my players injured and that's cool. I don't debate/chat and stand off and do my thing in the lab.

at worst it's a 35 differential and 2 minutes remaining scenario.

I wouldn't delve into it too deeply. The sim engine is designed to injure at free will as the clock ticks down with no rhyme or reason.

By Smirt211
1/15/2020 5:18 pm
He doesn't show as injured but the sim engine took a clip shot at Benbow late, too.

He went off for 5 touchdowns or whatever so he paid the price.

In Monsters my RB #1 hit off for a return touchdown so he got injured and paid the price.

There's trip wire mechanisms based on team and player performances.

...in Legends I just had my RB #1 ended in the 4th play from the end of the game....4th to the last play on a pass play.

It's ok, he's just pissing me off more and more. Going quiet now.

Last edited at 1/15/2020 5:24 pm

1/15/2020 5:25 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
He doesn't show as injured but the sim engine took a clip shot at Benbow late, too.

He went off for 5 touchdowns or whatever so he paid the price.

In Monsters my RB #1 hit off for a return touchdown so he got injured and paid the price.

There's trip wire mechanisms based on team and player performances.

Just a suggestion to double check the settings...its easy to miss a checked box in the settings for every position. That's all I'm saying. Clearly if the settings are set correctly....the DT1 shouldnt be in the game and if the settings were correct then I would PM JDB and ask why.

By Smirt211
1/15/2020 5:29 pm
Oh yeah, I don't have that clicked for DT but it doesn't justify the injury or the sim engine behavior. The code is written with a mean spirit to hunt down and injury as the clock runs down.

That's on him and his written code, not me.

By Smirt211
1/15/2020 5:53 pm
Last thing I'll add real quick ....but I've just been getting madder and madder. In the midst of when I was having 44 and 55 total points for a season halted someone else posted a graphic before a title game 'I've got something real nice for you' - this was another one of my sub-100 points allowed teams. He was intoxicated with the thought of and just couldn't wait to ruin my season. He didn't.

Then when someone beats me they go in my PM and tell me how I'm a scrub compared to Bryson or whatever....

Just gotten real tired.

Last edited at 1/15/2020 5:53 pm

1/15/2020 6:15 pm
I dont know what to tell bud....

To me, this is a game that I enjoy win lose or draw. I love competing and injuries dont really bother me. Just the opposite, they make me work harder to build a roster where they are minimized by my depth.

I dont take anything in this game seriously and if anyone ever PMed me after beating me and said I'm a scrub and nowhere near Bryson....I would laugh and say who the **** is Bryson?

I wont take this game personally....its a game. I try to treat everyone with respect and I dont care what someone's opinion of me is.

The game is all about adapting to the changes and overcoming whatever obstacles they put in your way to have success.

I have fun.....I enjoy it.....its suppose to be fun.....you are suppose to enjoy it....if you are not.....why put yourself through it.

It's like be married to the game and your teams are your kids. You dont love the wife anymore but you dont get divorced because of the kids. That just ends up being bad for everyone.

By Smirt211
1/15/2020 6:19 pm
I've had 3 different people tell me to my face that my plays are analyzed, charted and broken down and that was like whoa. The main conversation was nice and the person has a healthy respect for me; the other 2 is to take it to Beta to make my life **** which it has been for a long time on here to fight through all of it.

I do my best to avoid back and forth exchanges because I don't need that on top of trying to be competitive and survive in the game.

1/15/2020 6:33 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
I've had 3 different people tell me to my face that my plays are analyzed, charted and broken down and that was like whoa. The main conversation was nice and the person has a healthy respect for me; the other 2 is to take it to Beta to make my life **** which it has been for a long time on here to fight through all of it.

I do my best to avoid back and forth exchanges because I don't need that on top of trying to be competitive and survive in the game.

Who cares, whatever they do to the code effects everyone. When a certain play stops working due to a patch, 3 other plays open up and we will find them.

I'm not talking about that...your frustration is obvious.

Example......You just won 72-0 and your pissed because your DT1 got a late game injury. If you cant enjoy that win....when will you ever find enjoyment?

By Smirt211
1/15/2020 6:39 pm
Being told to my face that someone is charting my plays and also another person who is on the inside is just further confirmation that I'm targeted and it's not nice. I don't think you liked it when Ray was openly threatening to target you and deeply delve into your schemes for 'scientific purposes.'

Frustration is a culmination, not just this game. One just prior to it saw my Monsters offense completely torn asunder and yesterday my stat compiling RB #1 in Legends was ended on a 4th play from the end, non-contact play.