League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Punt Block Exploit

By TheAdmiral
3/27/2020 6:48 am
Can we get this underhand tactic banned. Tantamount to cheating in my view.

If not, and it's entirely you're decision CJ, then I'm going to abandon this team

Re: Punt Block Exploit

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
3/27/2020 1:36 pm
I'm banning punt blocks in all my leagues after the end of season spin. I'm not comfortable implementing new rules in the middle of a season.

I have been working on this for awhile and has nothing to do with if owners stay or leave.

It's real easy to point fingers but in the end this is the result of using the punt block. It proves how wrong it is because people say oh so and so did it so take this and then it turns into just part of the gameplan and everybody suffers.

By blazinwarmaker
3/28/2020 10:37 am
Not trying to start a debate, but what exactly are we calling a "Punt Block Exploit"? Is it just putting speedy players on the edges to take advantage of teams with bad/backup blockers? Or is it something totally different?

By shaunick
3/29/2020 8:19 am
blazinwarmaker wrote:
Not trying to start a debate, but what exactly are we calling a "Punt Block Exploit"? Is it just putting speedy players on the edges to take advantage of teams with bad/backup blockers? Or is it something totally different?

Wondering the same thing! If that is so then that isn't an "exploit" that's just good gameplanning. At that point then just about any good mismatch is an exploit.

By raidergreg69
3/29/2020 8:37 am
Deleted
Last edited at 3/29/2020 8:42 am

By raidergreg69
3/29/2020 8:39 am
Deleted
Last edited at 3/29/2020 8:42 am

By raidergreg69
3/29/2020 8:40 am
OK, wrong thread. Basically the fast guys are unblockable no matter who is blocking. It's basically cheating.

By raidergreg69
3/29/2020 8:41 am
The full story is here, it's a long thread. https://champions.myfootballnow.com/community/3/6034?page=1

By Smirt211
3/29/2020 1:30 pm
I'll say this and it's not about punt blocking but I cringe at the word 'exploit.' Not in regard to where we stand today and the punt blocking.

But that word got tossed around very freely in the Final Days of Version 4.2.

PA Streak is an EXPLOIT - WAAA!!!!

PASSING OFFENSES are an EXPLOIT....WAAAA!!!

TOO MANY COMEBACKS OR 3RD AND LONG SUCCESSFUL COMPLETIONS...EXPLOIT...WAAA!!!

It's hard with memory to recall where we all got f***ed.

But here we stand, basically, without over the top passing, long passing and the ability to make a comeback. When's the last time ya'll came back to win a game?

Think about it. Sim got jacked up when v4.2 was trashed because peeps were jealous and brought the game to a crumbled heap by crying...

EXPLOIT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW to reiterate...this isn't about punt blocking. It's about the past and where jealous peeps whom wanted those up top to fail cried EXPLOIT EVERY 2 SECONDS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dedication to JDB/glimpse into my motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDz0uLAkH4

Last edited at 3/29/2020 2:29 pm

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
4/15/2020 1:19 am
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

All use of the punt block exploit is banned from the league. Anyone using it going forward will he subject to removal from the league.

Please, let's just play on an even playing field without this unfair advantage.

The punt block exploit is simple...putting fast DBs, WRs or RBs on the front 4 of the defensive line during punt return formations