League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Punt Block Exploit

By TimReeseJr
7/04/2020 9:31 am
Just so there is no misunderstanding or problems in the future, is it that you cannot put those players in that position at all, or just fast ones? If it is the second option, we need a standard for "fast". I only ask because if I auto set it puts a DB in there, but one I wouldn't consider fast (68). I have used my overrides to move him for now pending clarification.

By Smirt211
7/04/2020 11:05 am
I'm not here any more but it came to my email.

Good question!

It's meant for the fast speed exploit, however, the rule is written for anything under an LB weight wise to not be in the front four of the defensive line. The two wing spots can have anything.

It's written to avoid the speed exploit but even slow DBs fall under the rule.

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
7/06/2020 12:50 pm
TimReeseJr wrote:
Just so there is no misunderstanding or problems in the future, is it that you cannot put those players in that position at all, or just fast ones? If it is the second option, we need a standard for "fast". I only ask because if I auto set it puts a DB in there, but one I wouldn't consider fast (68). I have used my overrides to move him for now pending clarification.

Don't use DBs as ST RUSHERS at all and obviously don't use overrides to put one on the front four of the punt return formation.