1. #1 Hamburg Blue Devils (13-0-1)
2. #4 Duluth Timbers (12-1-1)

3. #7 Letterkenny Shamrocks (12-2)
4. #22 Utah Raptors (6-8)
5. #5 Tokyo Far East (11-2-1)
6. #3 Mayfield Bakers (11-3)

7. #9 Blue Rock Heisenbergs (10-4)
8. #19 Synn City Chupacabras (6-8)

The American Conference is top heavy with 6 teams sitting with double digit win totals and then there is the South Division where 6-8 leads the division. Basically 3 teams have punched tickets to the playoffs while 3 teams are battling for 2 more spots with either Utah or Synn City are battling for the South at 6-8.

A big week 16 matchup between Utah and Synn City should decide the South while the Mayfield Bakers have games versus Tokyo and Duluth which will sort out the East division and the final Wildcard spot. The Blue Rock Heisenbergs have a must win week 16 natchup versus the Blue Devils who may be resting the starters if they wrap up the #1 seed.

National Conference

1. #2 Great Falls Quicksilver (13-1)
2. #6 Deadwood Dust Devils (11-3)

3. #8 Omaha Storm (10-4)
4. #10 St. Lawrence Muskies (8-6)
5. #11 Columbus Cardinals (8-6)
6. #15 Chicken Wing Foghorn Leghorns (8-6)

7. #18 Tampa Bay Corsairs (8-6)
8. #17 Green Bay (8-6)
9. #13 Bermondsey Lions (7-7)

The National Conference is a little more wide open with Great Falls having locked up the #1 seed, both the Dust Devils and Storm are battling for the #2 seed. 6 teams are fighting for the final 3 playoff spots including St. Lawrence and Bermondsey battling for the East Division crown and 5 of the 6 are sitting at 8-6 with 2 games remaining. Green Bay and Tampa Bay meet in week 15 which will be a huge factor.

Re: Playoff Picture

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
12/18/2020 2:12 pm
American

1. #1 Hamburg Blue Devils
2. #3 Mayfield Bakers

6. #5 Tokyo Far East
@
3. #8 Letterkenny Shamrocks

5. #6 Duluth Timbers
@
4. #19 Synn City Chupacabras

National

1. #2 Great Falls Quicksilver
2. #4 Deadwood Dust Devils

6. #13 Green Bay
@
3. #15 Omaha Storm

5. #11 Columbus Cardinals
@
4. #9 St. Lawrence Muskies

The playoff teams and the power rankings didn't quite match this season. Typically the top 12 teams make the playoffs with maybe 1 exception.

i.e. #14 gets in and #11 doesnt...etc

This season #7, #10 and #12 missed the playoffs while #13, #15 and #19 made the playoffs.

Missed
#7 Blue Rock Heisenbergs (11-5)
#10 Foghorn Leghorns (9-7)
#12 Oak Island Treasure (8-8)

Made
#13 Green Bay (10-6)
#15 Omaha Storm (10-6)
#19 Synn City Chupacabras (7-9)

Its very rare an eleven win team misses the playoffs but the Heisenbergs were the 6th team in the American Conference with double digit wins but Synn City won their division at 7-9.

The Leghorns had a 5-1 division record but missed winning that division by 1 game while at 9-7 while both Omaha and Green Bay made the playoffs at 10-6.

The Oak Island Treasure were the only real anomaly finishing 8-8 but with a big win over the #3 Shamrocks in week 16.

Based on the point system in the rankings, it looks like the Bakers and Blue Devils are destined to meet in the American Conference Championship while the Quicksilver and Dust Devils will meet in the National Conference Championship with a potential Blue Devils/Quicksilver rematch in the Title Game.

BUT.....thats why we play the games!!!

Good luck to everyone that made the playoffs and for those who didnt...good luck as you enter the offseason!!!

12/23/2020 12:08 pm
In my last post I stated this:

"Based on the point system in the rankings, it looks like the Bakers and Blue Devils are destined to meet in the American Conference Championship while the Quicksilver and Dust Devils will meet in the National Conference Championship with a potential Blue Devils/Quicksilver rematch in the Title Game."

....and the divisional round went by the script as all 4 home teams took care of business to set up the top 4 teams meeting in the:

Conference Championships

American

#3 Mayfield Bakers
Warthog
@
#1 Hamburg Blue Devils (-3)
Hollyhh2000

National

#4 Deadwood Dust Devils
Wolveraider
@
#2 Great Falls Quicksilver (-6)
Cjfred68

The Blue Devils haven't lost this season but haven't met the Bakers this season. The Blue Devils did end up in a tie with the Far East while the Bakers swept both games with the Far East, 19-0 at home, 21-14 at Tokyo.

The Quicksilver beat the Dust Devils 46-20 in Deadwood in week 12.

The Quicksilver and Blue Devils have won the last 3 titles and 11 of the 14 titles in league history.

By Wolveraider
12/23/2020 5:10 pm
This is the game that I finally take you down Cj...the uproarious cheers of victory will rise from the swirling dust filled streets of Deadwood!
Last edited at 12/23/2020 5:10 pm

12/23/2020 6:23 pm
Wolveraider wrote:
This is the game that I finally take you down Cj...the uproarious cheers of victory will rise from the swirling dust filled streets of Deadwood!

Part of me hopes you are right!

I went through the same thing with Smirt.....he beat me like 50 straight times and over time...I started getting closer and closer with 1 score loses until I finally beat him which was like the **** breaking because then I went on to win like 12 in a row against him and boy was he pissed.

We finally settled and now its 50/50 between us.

Speaking of not beating someone, Hollyhh2000 has been owning me for several months now and nothing I do seems to matter....so assuming he wins his game....maybe its better if you face him!?!?!?

Good luck my friend
Last edited at 12/23/2020 6:24 pm

By Wolveraider
12/25/2020 12:00 am
Well it looks like the Dust Devil fans will spend their time drowning their sorrows in the saloons and passing out in the dusty, tumbleweed strewn streets of Deadwood.

That pretty much went as expected...If I'm ever going to beat you in a game that matters, I knew that the odds of it being this Quicksilver team were slim to none, but, might as well have some fun with it.

12/26/2020 7:58 pm
Here we go....3rd times the charm?!?!?

Big resounding NO!!!

Can I beat Holly when it really matters?

Absolutely NOT!!!

Probably not but I will roll the dice and see what happens.

Outclassed and dominated is what happened

Honestly....Ive been nothing but lucky in this league from day one as I make my 14 appearance in 15 seasons in the title game with a 9-4 record alltime....looking for Championship #10....but I'm 0-2 versus Hollyhh2000 in the big game and he has owned me throughout all my leagues in MFN.

Make that 9-5 in Title games and 0-3 versus Holly.

I can only hope I get the die rolls to win!!!

I needed way more then dice rolls as my gameplanning skills were no match for Holly's but this has become the norm so no surprise

Good luck Holly
Last edited at 12/28/2020 10:39 am