League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

An open letter to my owners

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
12/19/2019 2:54 pm
Owners,

With the holiday season upon us, many of us have to focus our attention to family and friends as we prepare for travel or entertaining plus the annual grind of gift buying and decorating for the big day. 

With that in mind, I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for not only joining my leagues but more importantly staying in them. I have tried to create some fun leagues where we can all have some fun and compete against each other with an overriding feeling of good sportsmanship. 

I truly appreciate the commitment this game requires to log in daily and keep your francise going. So once again thanks to all of you for making my leagues a success.

I hope each and every one of you has a fantastic holiday and heres hoping you all continue in my leagues as we start a new year.

Sincerely,

Cjfred68

Re: An open letter to my owners

By Brucehum
12/29/2019 3:11 pm
Thanks to you for creating them!!

I think I would have left this game without 'em... Not that I do much in them, but, at least it has kept me going.

Merry Christmas!

12/29/2019 3:45 pm
Brucehum wrote:
Thanks to you for creating them!!

I think I would have left this game without 'em... Not that I do much in them, but, at least it has kept me going.

Merry Christmas!

Just keep grinding....this game has a steep learning curve. I struggled for along time and wondered if I would ever have any success but eventually it came. Anything that comes easy isnt worth achieving and my favorite teams have been the ones where it took seasons to finally turn it around.

By Brucehum
12/30/2019 8:10 am
I know... my problem is lack of effort, yes, as I don't use the gameplan rules option, and that is a must. I did try once, and did not work too well... time to try again :-)

By raidergreg69
12/30/2019 8:48 am
Brucehum wrote:
I know... my problem is lack of effort, yes, as I don't use the gameplan rules option, and that is a must. I did try once, and did not work too well... time to try again :-)

I would suggest starting simple, then expand as you get more comfortable with using rules. Like forcing yourself to pass in the last 2 minutes when losing, or always running when winning.

By KDB72
12/30/2019 11:28 am
yeah. I don't use rules either.

12/30/2019 12:06 pm
Think of rules as a head coach managing the clock and differnent game situations.

Up big in the 4th quarter.....run the ball

Down big in 2and half.....pass the ball

4th and 1 from the opponents 35-40....go for it

If you watch a sim....you will see where a rule would make better decisions then the A.I.

Start with a few easy ones and add as you go

By jlyman
12/30/2019 6:52 pm
I always use at least these two rules on defense. The first one controls which sets the defense will use when the offense lines up in a 230 set. The AI lines the defense up in a Goal Line set, which is great against a run, but it leaves receivers wide open if they run the sole pass play from that set. So I like to do something different.

The second Plays only keys pass against any offensive sets that have either no RB or no running plays.

Last edited at 12/30/2019 6:58 pm

By raidergreg69
12/31/2019 6:09 am
jlyman wrote:
I always use at least these two rules on defense. The first one controls which sets the defense will use when the offense lines up in a 230 set. The AI lines the defense up in a Goal Line set, which is great against a run, but it leaves receivers wide open if they run the sole pass play from that set. So I like to do something different.

The second Plays only keys pass against any offensive sets that have either no RB or no running plays.

Yes, Goal Line Defense is vulnerable to the pass play in Goal Line Offense. I use 100% Normal sets, though anything is fine as long as you stay away from GL defensive plays.

The rule against the pass only sets is a MUST.

By TarquinTheDark
12/31/2019 1:14 pm
The GL pass play has been NERFed. (I don't mean the fun kind that kids toss around the backyard.) The rule is still a good idea, keeps people from overusing GL Outside Runs.
Last edited at 12/31/2019 1:16 pm