League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Injury Rate

JDB has added a sliding scale for injury rates controlled by league admins in custom private leagues. The sliding scale is 0-200 with 100 being the current injury rate in game. This poll is for every owner to chime in on what he believes the Quick and the Dead should set the injury rate. This setting will be a one time adjustment at the start of the season and wont change until the following season. So help me determine what rate we will be playing with.

75. 75% the current rate
100. The current injury rate
50. Half the current rate
25. 25% the current rate
0. No injuries

Re: Injury Rate

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
9/21/2019 7:06 pm
Once everyone has voted, I will determine the rate and notify the league

By Smirt211
9/21/2019 7:24 pm
Voted 75% here. Seems about the right marker.

By MrTraciiSynn
9/21/2019 7:48 pm
I also vote 75

9/21/2019 7:53 pm
Yeah, I'm interested to see what the poll results show. Those numbers arent hard numbers so say half want 100 and half say 75....I could compromise and lower it to say 85-90 and see how it goes.

I personally dont think a drastic change is needed and agree a slight correction might be the way to go at first. Let's let the vote play out and see where we land

By raidergreg69
9/22/2019 7:53 am
The conspiracy theorist in me says we've had our injury meter turned up behind the scenes in some leagues despite denials. When I had 23 injured players, that couldn't be normal. We pissed and moaned, then it got turned back down to 100 and we were offered the injury slider as a peace offering.

I've been voting to keep it at 100 but so long as we all know where it is set, I won't complain.

By Smirt211
9/22/2019 8:02 am
Yes, got to 'Keep it 100!' (transparency, letting us know where it's set)

The conspiracy theorist in me knows without a doubt that if the injury meter could be toggled prior to a high stakes playoff game a certain league owner would jam me to oblivion. LOL

By jlyman
9/22/2019 2:24 pm
I've only seen a rash of injuries throughout a position group a couple of times in my time here. I've had to bring in LBs and secondary players to play on the DL before!

I think that overall the injury rate is probably pretty decent where it is, but I don't think that turning them down a touch would be a bad thing. I voted 75%.

9/22/2019 7:57 pm
I'm gonna lower the injury rate to 80 after the end of season spin.

It's a experiment with World league at 100....Champions and XFL at 90....and this league at 80.

I will have a nice range and sample size to see what these settings do to the injury rate.
Last edited at 9/22/2019 7:58 pm

By raidergreg69
9/22/2019 10:09 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Yes, got to 'Keep it 100!' (transparency, letting us know where it's set)

The conspiracy theorist in me knows without a doubt that if the injury meter could be toggled prior to a high stakes playoff game a certain league owner would jam me to oblivion. LOL

That devious "strategy" is a double edged sword as they could end up sabotaging their own team.