League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2024 Playoffs

By Cjfred68 - League Admin
7/12/2019 9:28 pm
I have to apologize to everyone for not posting about the Wildcard round. Unfortunately my old *** got sick and I actually called out of work for the first time in forever.

Wildcard Round

Portland Pioneers 17
Abross816
@
Duluth Timbers 14
Gdhegstad

A very close game between two evenly matched teams. This Timbers tied the game with 9:10 remaining in the 4th quarter when QB Early hit RB Bullard for a 29 yard touchdown pass. With 5:55 remaining, Portland QB Turner led his team on a 13 play 69 yard drive that consumed 5:00 and resulted in a 29 fieldgoal to give them the lead. With just 50 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts, Duluth QB Early completed to quick passes to get the ball to the Portland 41 yardline. This set up kicker John Doney for a 60 yard fieldgoal attempt which came up just short and wideright.

Vancouver Bears 10
Loftusranger
@
Oklahoma City Cheetahs 17
Beut

In a tight game where the Bears outgained the Cheetahs in yards, and the Bears QB Howard threw for 328 yards compared to Cheetahs QB Dorn who threw for 190 yards. In was turnovers that was the difference as the Bears fumbled, threw 3 picks and turned the ball over on downs late in the 4th quarter which allowed the Cheetahs to hold on to win.

Rock City Cyclones 0
Cyclonelomax
@
Seattle 18
Firefighteremt03

In a defensive battle, Seattle did just enough on offense with 3 fieldgoals and a late touchdown to hold off Rock City while could never get the offense rolling. Rock City's longest drive was 27 yards and they only managed to cross the 50 one time as they got shutout.

Bermondsey Lions 23
@
Chicken Wing Foghorn Leghorns 20
Trslick

Chicken Wing took a 13 point lead early in the 3rd quarter 20-7 on a 51 yard fieldgoal by kicker Martin. For the next nearly 25 minutes, the Lions held them to just 32 total yards of offense making them look more like a Looney Tunes cartoon then a pro football offense. The lions began to chip away at the lead with a fieldgoal and a safety to pull with 8. With 7:48 remaining in the game, the Lions capped off a 9 play 65 yard drive with a 3 yard TD run and a 2 point conversion to tie the game. When the Chicken Wing's punted the ball to the Lions 8 yard line with 46 seconds remaining, it appeared the game was headed to overtime. Lions QB Messick led his team on a 3 play 65 yard drive throwing back to back 32 yard completions to WR Beckham and RB Lesage to set up a game winning 44 yard fieldgoal by kicker Moore.
Last edited at 7/12/2019 9:32 pm

7/14/2019 12:03 am
DIVISIONAL ROUND

Portland Pioneers #12
Abross816
@
Kansas Triple Threat #3 (-14)
Meatman

This is Portlands first trip to the playoffs under new owner Abross816. After winning in the divisional round, he will face a veteran playoff team in Kansas.
This is Kansas and Meatmans 7th straight trip to the playoffs which includes 6 division titles and 3 Conference Championships. He has a 7-6 alltime record in the playoffs and is 7-2 at home.

Oklahoma City Cheetahs #10
Beut
@
Indianapolis #4 (-3)
Birn

This is Oklahoma's 3rd straight playoff appearance in Beut's 7 year ownership of the team. That includes 3 straight division titles and a 2-2 alltime record in the playoffs.
This is Indianapolis's 2nd straight playoff appearance under Birn's 3 years of ownership. That includes back to back division titles, a trip to the Conference championship game and an alltime playoff record of 2-1 which includes 2-0 at home.

Bermondsey Lions #7
@
Great Falls Quicksilver #2 (-9)
Cjfred68

This is the Bermondsey francises 3rd trip to the playoffs but the first under new owner 4343. The francise has a 2-2 record alltime in the playoffs but is 1-0 under 4343.
This is the 7th straight playoff appearance for the Great Falls Quicksilver and owner Cjfred68. This includes 7 division titles, 6 Conference championships and 5 League Championships. The francise has a 17-1 record alltime in the playoffs including being 10-0 at home.

Seattle #6
Firefighteremt03
@
Niagara Falls Rapid Fire #1 (-7)
Smirt211

This is the Seattle francises and owner Firefighteremt03's 6 straight playoff appearance. This includes 6 straight division titles but they have only managed a 2-5 record in the playoffs alltime.
This is Niagara Falls 4th straight playoff appearance but only the 2nd for 2 year owner Smirt211. This includes 4 straight division titles (2 under Smirt211) and a 3-3 record alltime in the playoffs (1-1 under Smirt211).
Last edited at 7/14/2019 12:58 am

7/15/2019 9:37 am
Conference Championship

The divisional round went pretty much as expected with the top two seeds in each Conference advancing.

AFC

Indianapolis #4
Birn
@
Kansas Triple Threat #3 (-5)
Meatman

NFC

Niagara Falls Rapid Fire #1
Smirt211
@
Great Falls Quicksilver #2 (-3)
Cjfred68

7/17/2019 6:18 pm
LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP

INDIANAPOLIS
BIRN

VS

GREAT FALLS QUICKSILVER (-7)
CJFRED68

Indianapolis is appearing in their first title game and will be the next opponent that will attempt to dethrone the Quicksilver. They had a great season going 14-2 with one of the loses coming to the Quicksilver on the road in week 2, 30-3. The other lose came against Kansas which Indy avenged by beating them in the Conference championship. Can Indy avenge their other lose?

Great Falls has won 4 titles in a row and 5 out of the first 6 title games. They are attempting to finish their 2nd undefeated season. In fact, including preseason, regular season and the playoffs, the Quicksilver have lost a combined 10 games in 7 seasons.

By Brucehum
7/19/2019 9:32 am
Congratulations for the victory, CJ!

And to Birn for reaching the final of the Bowl...

By trslick
7/19/2019 7:15 pm
Congrats Cj!

7/19/2019 7:25 pm
Thanks everyone....good game Birn.

I have really conflicting and mixed feelings.

On one side, I love that I won and have won and keep winning. 5 in a row and 6 out of the first 7 championships is amazing and I feel proud and excited.

On the other side, I feel guilty that I am having so much success and I want everyone to enjoy the league and have fun. I recruited owners to up the level of competition and cut down on AI run teams, in fact I've just recruited 4 more owners, Tman, Raidergreg, theadmiral and Mrtrancilsynn.

As league admin, I want someone else to win it all and have the league succeed and grow but as an owner, I want to win 5 more in a row.

Well, I hope everyone comes back for the next season. We have a bunch of new owners with ideas for renaming and relocating their teams. If ANYONE wants to make changes, let me know and I can do it for you for free.

In the draft, I can rename players too for free so just message me and I will make it happen.

Good luck to everyone tonight, hope you get no retirements and have plenty of cap space.

By dyluckyguess
7/19/2019 8:05 pm
Will you make my mascot the "far east" aside from that leave everything as is. Also, as I've never personally customized a team before, what all do you get to personalize? I think I'm gonna do it in my league this upcoming season so would like to know what information to collect
Last edited at 7/19/2019 8:06 pm

7/19/2019 8:19 pm
Your mascot? You mean team logo?

You can move the team to anywhere in the world basically. For single teams, each change cost credits. If you are league admin, 10 credits allows you to change anything in the league for a season.

So if you want to move the team outside the USA, you have to unlock a country and then you can chose anywhere in that country.

You can name the team
You can change the team image
You can create a new Stadium
You can change the color scheme of the uniforms and helmets using 3 colors

By dyluckyguess
7/19/2019 9:49 pm
Add that onto my name. Like instead of quicksilver I would be far east